Lunacy from the left continues

Another misguided judicial opinion illustrates again the illogical and harmful effects of Democrat policy.

A Tallahassee judge says the reapportionment done by the Florida Legislature earlier this year violates the state constitution.

The reason he gave is that it diminished the ability of people with black skin to choose the candidate of their choice.

That in itself shows one major defect. Clearly it assumes that all people with black skin will make the same choice.

Otherwise, it makes no sense. Nothing about the boundaries of a voting district prevents any voter with black skin from casting his vote – in other words, choosing the candidate he prefers.

The assumption is that he will vote for a Democrat because people with black skin vote in a bloc, generally about 90 percent for Democrats. But the other 10 percent deserve to have their choice also.

Actually, the relevant law is based on the existence of the bloc vote. It says the majority must vote “sufficiently as a bloc to enable it … usually to defeat the minority’s preferred candidate.”

In order to perpetuate their reliable bloc vote, Democrats have twisted the law to favor people of a certain skin color, rather than the candidate who is most qualified. That is called discrimination.

The judge said the law makes it unlawful to draw a new district in which the percentage of people with black skin is less than it was previously.

That is absurd. What if nearly all the people with black skin moved out of the district? The new district would have to be gerrymandered beyond belief to pull in enough people with black skin to suit Democrats.

Furthermore, the Tallahassee judge’s opinion directly contradicts the opinion of a judge in Jacksonville who ruled that some of the City Council districts in Jacksonville had too many people with black skin, which in fact was exactly what the black plaintiffs complained about..

Which is it? You must never lessen the percentage of people with black skin, or you must lessen it when it will result in spreading more Democrat votes around to give them a better chance to capture more districts?

It could not be more obvious that the intent of the law is to elect Democrats and that people with black skin merely are being used as pawns to reach that objective.

If 90 percent of people with black skin were voting for Republicans, Democrats wouldn’t give a hoot whether they were allowed to vote as they wish or not.

This is nothing new. Democrats supported slavery and segregation. Their policies led to the destruction of the black family, which is a major reason for the poor educational outcomes, poverty and high crime rates among people with black skin.

As more people with black skin become conservative, Democrats become more desperate.

They know the demographic trend is against them. The rapid increase in marriages between people of different skin color worries them.

The end of this absurdity will come the day a child from one of those marriages comes home and tearfully says to his parents: “The teacher told me that Daddy was a good person and Mommy was a bad person. Is that right?”

Lloyd Brown

Lloyd was born in Jacksonville. Graduated from the University of North Florida. He spent nearly 50 years of his life in the newspaper business …beginning as a copy boy and retiring as editorial page editor for Florida Times Union. He has also been published in a number of national newspapers and magazines, as well as Internet sites. Married with children. Military Vet. Retired. Man of few words but the words are researched well, deeply considered and thoughtfully written.


One response to “Lunacy from the left continues”

  1. RE: Lunacy from the left
    Quoting” Clearly it assumes that all people with black skin will make the same choice.” Unquote.
    In 2024, it looks more like 20% black-skinned folks will be voting as Conservatives, which horrifies the Dems. And it’ll only get a higher percentage as “Bidenomics” unfolds…………..

Post Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *