Jacksonville Business News - Local Jacksonville News | Jacksonville Business Journal View Breaking Local News Headlines in Jacksonville from the Jacksonville Business Journal. Access business resources, company profiles, business advice columns, local jobs and more.
- TaxWatch: Business opportunities lie in improvements after Florida’s Covid responseby Alexis Muellner on November 27, 2020 at 8:06 pm
Increased Covid-19 caseloads, coupled with limited and strained state resources, have exposed numerous shortcomings in Florida’s administration of federal safety net programs, especially the Reemployment Assistance program, which collapsed under the surge of applications.
- Delta pilots ratify agreement to avoid furloughsby Chris Fuhrmeister on November 27, 2020 at 7:59 pm
The Delta Master Executive Council voted to ratify a cost-cutting agreement that will avoid involuntary furloughs.
- City, Bar Association roll out program to help residents and businesses facing eviction or foreclosureby Timothy Gibbons on November 27, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Applications for the program will begin next week for residents and the week after for businesses.
- Memorial Hospital rolls out new robot-assisted lung cancer screen technologyby Jacksonville Business Journal on November 27, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville will be offering a new way to detect long cancer earlier and with greater accuracy, the hospital said Wednesday. Memorial will be one of four hospitals in Florida and 67 in the country to offer robotic-assisted bronchoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure. Using the robotic platform, doctor can obtain tissue samples of small and hard-to-reach nodules in the periphery of the lung. Unlike other bronchoscopy robots, the technology being deployed by Memorial is…
- Matt Connell appointed to Jacksonville Aviation Authority Board of Directorsby Will Brown on November 25, 2020 at 8:05 pm
The new appointee replaces Frank Mackesy.
- Florida can thank 'luck' as hurricane season comes to an endby Jim Turner on November 25, 2020 at 7:53 pm
The 2020 Atlantic season, which on the calendar ends Monday, has put up 30 named storms --- requiring the use of the auxiliary Greek alphabet for the second time ever.
- Jacksonville-based AutoQuotes acquires visual configuration companyby Will Brown on November 25, 2020 at 7:42 pm
AutoQuotes, a Jacksonville-based foodservice equipment supplier, has acquired a company that specializes in producing visual configurations of products in virtual and augmented reality. The company acquired Axonom on Nov. 19. Axonom is a Minneapolis-based digital platform that creates software and programs that allow businesses to access customized renderings of products and equipment. “The need for digital sales channels is growing leaps and bounds this year and it’s going to continue to…
- Gov. DeSantis extends order blocking business shutdownsby News Service of Florida on November 25, 2020 at 7:41 pm
Gov. Ron DeSantis has extended a September executive order aimed at preventing business shutdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sen. Scott presses for vaccine informationby News Service of Florida on November 25, 2020 at 7:39 pm
U.S. Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., sent a letter Wednesday to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar pressing him for more-detailed information about distribution of yet-to-be-approved COVID-19 vaccines and about a $6 billion funding request.
- Kansas-based company buys three gas stations for total of $3.15Mby Alex Wilson on November 25, 2020 at 7:39 pm
A Kansas-based company that focuses on remodeling free-standing retailers purchased three gas stations across Jacksonville for more than $1 million apiece, according to county records.