Jacksonville Business News - Local Jacksonville News | Jacksonville Business Journal View Breaking Local News Headlines in Jacksonville from the Jacksonville Business Journal. Access business resources, company profiles, business advice columns, local jobs and more.
- Frontier adds direct service to Puerto Rico at JAXby Will Brown on August 3, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Jacksonville International Airport has added service to more than a half-dozen cities this year.
- Dean named at Jacksonville medical school following death of Haleyby News Service of Florida on August 3, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Linda R. Edwards will serve as dean of the UF College of Medicine-Jacksonville for a one-year term, and the university will launch a national search to replace Leon L. Haley Jr., according to a UF Health news release. Haley, who was dean of the UF College of Medicine-Jacksonville and chief executive officer of UF Health Jacksonville, died in a watercraft accident July 24 in Palm Beach County. Edwards is the first woman to head UF College Medicine-Jacksonville since the college expanded into Northeast…
- CBRE arranges sale of former River City Brewing Company to The Related Group for $10 millionby Stuart Korfhage on August 3, 2021 at 4:20 pm
The Related Group received approval from the Jacksonville City Council in May to begin construction on the development.
- FIS revenue ticks up to $3.5 billion from last quarter, strengthened by merchant solutionsby Logan Moore on August 3, 2021 at 3:53 pm
The results beat Wall Street expectations.
- Florida enacts economic nexus and marketplace legislationby BDO on August 3, 2021 at 12:13 pm
On April 19, 2021, Florida’s governor signed S.B. 50 into law, making Florida one of the last states to adopt economic nexus and marketplace facilitator sales tax law since the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair. Under Wayfair, physical presence is not required for states to assert nexus on out-of-state businesses, paving the way for states to impose sales tax collection obligations on remote sellers whose sales exceed a monetary or transaction threshold (e.g., $100,000…
- Pandemic pushed digital transformation into overdrive for health care executivesby BDO on August 3, 2021 at 12:11 pm
According to BDO’s 2021 Healthcare Digital Transformation Survey, as a result of the events of 2020, 60% of healthcare organizations are adding new digital projects and 42% are accelerating some or all existing digital transformation plans. The message is clear: the future of healthcare is digital. Check out the key findings from our survey to see how health care leaders are leveraging technology to drive growth and improve care. Telehealth’s time to shine The pandemic forced many healthcare…
- Ocean Sole Africa finds a distribution home in Ponte Vedra Beachby Will Brown on August 3, 2021 at 10:15 am
Family ties helped a Kenyan non-profit find its footing in Northeast Florida.
- This sector has high demand for First Coast workers right nowby Logan Moore on August 3, 2021 at 10:15 am
Despite job fairs, bonuses and "competitive" wages, many in the retail industry are still struggling to find workers on the First Coast.
- TruTechnology of Jacksonville acquired by NetGain Technologiesby Stuart Korfhage on August 3, 2021 at 10:05 am
TruTechnology employees expected to remain in their jobs.
- Icemen groundbreaking at the Igloo a symbol of commitment to Jacksonvilleby Will Brown on August 2, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Andy Kaufmann and John Hirabayashi will never be confused with the fourth-line players who put on a helmet and aim to destroy the momentum of a hockey game. Their sights are set on developing the game in Northeast Florida, and they took another step toward it on Monday morning. The Community First Igloo conducted a groundbreaking on Monday morning. The $18.5 million renovation of what was once known as the Jacksonville Ice and Sportsplex is expected to be completed by January 2023. Bluewater Builders…