Jacksonville Business News - Local Jacksonville News | Jacksonville Business Journal View Breaking Local News Headlines in Jacksonville from the Jacksonville Business Journal. Access business resources, company profiles, business advice columns, local jobs and more.
- Drug import plan could save state $150 millionon October 21, 2021 at 4:22 am
The plan is awaiting a key approval.
- CSX: Surge in revenue, EPS sets railroad up to meet market demandby Will Brown on October 21, 2021 at 4:19 am
CSX Corp. announced third quarter revenues that topped $3.2 billion for the first time in seven years.
- DIA: Winning bid for courthouse site will be awarded in Januaryby Brent Godwin on October 21, 2021 at 4:05 am
Plans for a prominent vacant site, a new apartment development in the north core, and more were approved by the Downtown Investment Authority.
- PXG Women’s Match Play event about providing more opportunities for female playersby Will Brown on October 20, 2021 at 7:02 pm
This month's PXG Women's Match Play at World Golf Village is a season-ending event on a developmental tour.
- Self storage company Extra Space buys Jax property for $20 millionby Brent Godwin on October 20, 2021 at 6:31 pm
One of the largest owners of self storage in the U.S. recently purchased a Jacksonville property. Duval County public records show Extra Space of Myrtle LLC acquired 340 Myrtle Ave. S for $20.1 million. Extra Space of Myrtle LLC is associated with Extra Space Storage, which owns and operates thousands of self storage facilities across the U.S. The seller was IP Nuvo Jacksonville LLC. Property records show the storage building was built in 2019 and consists of approximately 90,000 square feet. The…
- $36 million in building permits approved for Atlantic North apartment developmentby Brent Godwin on October 20, 2021 at 6:29 pm
More than $36 million was approved in building permits for a new apartment development off of Atlantic Boulevard. Duval County public records show Morrow Construction received 12 permits for a total of $36.4 million to build apartments at 11727 Abess Blvd. The site is located between the Audi Jacksonville dealership and Cinemark Jacksonville Atlantic North movie theater on the north side of Atlantic Boulevard and west of Kernan Boulevard. Permits refer to the development as Atlantic North Apartments…
- Change allows football at state colleges, but it's only expected to impact flag footballby Ryan Dailey on October 20, 2021 at 6:16 pm
So far, only women's flag football teams are expected to benefit from the action.
- Jax industrial sector saw lowest vacancy rate in years, rising rents in Q3by Brent Godwin on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
The industrial real estate sector in the First Coast area continued its banner year in the third quarter, according to a new report. Cushman & Wakefield’s Marketbeat report for Jacksonville for Q3 shows the industrial vacancy rate at 3.9%. That’s the lowest vacancy rate in two and a half years, the report says. "The major factor for the lower vacancy rate was the lack of speculative construction that delivered year-to-date," the report says. "The region’s only delivery so far in 2021 was…
- JAX adds new carrier, non-stop route to Minneapolisby Will Brown on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
Jacksonville International Airport will welcome its ninth carrier in April 2022.
- St. Augustine motel transformed into digital property The Localby Stuart Korfhage on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
One local couple took an old motel and turned it into a modern boutique property that can be managed remotely.