This suggested letter was sent to us by a Eye on Jacksonville follower. He did not want to be identified BUT we felt it was a great ACTION ITEM that anyone could do. If you would like to send the same letter OR walk your neighborhood and leave it on the front door, go for it. What a great way to meet neighbors too! The criteria used was: Contact Supervisor of Elections office. Ask for a list of:
- All Registered Voters in your neighborhood;
- Those who match the party you are associated with; and
- ONLY the ones who vote in Presidential elections only and not in the midterms.
You can use that list to write your letter (sample below).
IF YOU DO UNDERTAKE THIS SMALL MISSION, LET US KNOW! WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please indulge me and take 2 minutes to read this letter.
My name is _________________ . I live in the _____________ neighborhood near you.
I am very concerned about the future of our country. I believe most people
- don’t want a socialist America;
- don’t want an America that no longer follows the rule of law; and
- or an America that surrenders its liberties to political correctness and hysterics.
I don’t know if this applies to you, but as I see it, so many people have given up participating in elections that we end up with a small percentage of the population deciding the course of our society. For a democracy to work, it needs the broad middle of society to participate.
I urge you to not sit out this election. The old adage that says “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing” holds true today, more than ever. I know this ballot is long because of the Constitutional Amendments. If you want to know more about the Amendments, read this article at Eye on Jacksonville to help you make your decisions: Amendments
Only vote for the offices and questions you feel comfortable. You can leave the others blank. Please do vote for Senator, House of Representatives and Governor.
I alone, have written this letter. I have paid the postage. No candidate or Party has been involved. I am only contacting voters in our precinct. This is all I can afford to do.
Please commit to vote in the November 6th election.
Vote on Election Day
- at our precinct located at _______________________
- or vote at an early voting site
- or vote by mail. Call the Supervisor of Elections Office at 904 – 630-1414 to request a Vote By Mail Ballot.
Thank you for your time. America and our children are depending us.